Our Spring and Halloween shoots at the Papago Archery Range (directions) follow the Papago 900 Tournament format: 3 rounds at 3 distances, 5 ends of 6 arrows per end (30 arrows per round, 90 arrows total).
- Masters, Seniors, and U21 (formerly Junior) archers shoot 30 arrows at each distance: 60, 50, and 40 meters.
- U18 (formerly Cadet) archers shoot at 50, 40, and 30 meters.
- U15 (formerly Cub) archers shoot at 40, 30, and 20 meters.
- U13 (formerly Bowman) archers shoot at 30, 25, and 20 meters.
- Yeoman archers shoot at 20, 15, and 10 meters.
- U21 and younger archers may shoot in a higher division if desired.
- Barebow and recurve archers shoot on a 122cm target face.
- Compound archers use 2 122cm five-ring center spot target faces per bale.
Unless otherwise indicated
- Check-in and equipment inspection start at 7:30 AM, the first (of two) official practice ends start at 8 AM.
- There are typically two practice ends at the first (furthest) distance.
- There are no practice ends at closer distances, ensure you know your site settings before the tournament!
- The range has benches and portable toilets.
- There is shade for archers while they are shooting but none for archers once they step off the line and none for spectators.
- You are welcome to bring your own chairs and canopies.
- Cold water is made available for archers only, spectators can bring their own refreshments.
- Parking is directly adjacent to the range in the paved lot or the gravel lot just north of it.
- If the lots next to the archery range are full you must park in the softball complex and walk in.
- No parking is allowed outside of designated parking areas. Park rangers will stop the tournament if cars are found parked outside the designated lots.
- All archers must have a current USA Archery (USAA) National Archery Association membership (temporary memberships are available). Be ready to show your memberhsip card or a copy of your renewal email.
- Payment must be received via PayPal prior to the event. No registration is complete until payment is received.
- Papago Archery Assocation is unable to register you for USA Archery or accept money at our archery range.
- Archers must follow USA Archery Tournament rules and the USA Archery Dress Code.
- Archers must read and agree to be bound byt the Liability Release and Photo Release.